The REINDEER project will develop a new smart connect-compute platform with a capacity that is scalable to quasi-infinite, and that offers perceived zero latency and interaction with an extremely high number of embedded devices. It will thereto develop “RadioWeaves” technology, a new wireless access infrastructure consisting of a fabric of distributed radio, computing, and storage resources which function as a massive, distributed antenna array. We will develop protocols and algorithms to establish novel resilient interactive applications that require ‘real-time’ and ‘real-space’ cooperation, for future robotized industrial environments, immersive entertainment, and intuitive care. We will co-design focusing algorithms and protocols for enhanced interaction with many energy-neutral devices. REINDEER will provide experimental proof-of-concept in versatile testbeds. The project will reinforce the European technological leadership and the innovation will create new business opportunities.
REINDEER will develop a new type of smart connectivity platform creating hyper-diversity.
We will design cell-free protocols and distributed intelligent processing establishing robust and scalable real-time and real-space interactive applications. Operating in this infrastructure will be with ultra-efficient usage of energy and bandwidth.
Smart connectivity technologies for interactive experiences, with perceived zero latency and uninterrupted availability both in time and in location within the service operation.
Cost and Funding
Mission and Objectives
- To analyse and specify technical requirements for future interactive applications in industrial, care, and entertainment use cases.
- To develop the transformational RadioWeaves smart connectivity platform as energy-efficient, smart, scalable and secure connectivity infrastructure, and topologies for zero-outage and efficient and secure deployment.
- To develop scalable protocols and algorithms for cell-free operation, and signal processing solutions for resilient interactive applications and cooperation with ‘energy-neutral’ devices through pro-active diversity, location learning, and distributed intelligence.
- To experimentally validate and demonstrate the RadioWeaves smart connectivity platform and the REINDEER algorithms for robust applications and interaction with energy-neutral devices.
- To share the REINDEER results with a broad group of stakeholders and the scientific community, promote technological vision in pre-standardization activities, ensure interoperability.